Join the LifeCity team!
LifeCity is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minority individuals are encouraged to submit applications!
About this position:
The Impact Consultant will support client and operations in the field and in our office, helping LifeCity implement our mission everyday to make social and environmental impact profitable. This role is meant to provide training to move into a Senior Consultant position over time. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about building an economy founded in social and environmental impact, who is eager to grow with our company.
Specific goals for this position include:
• Supporting companies to complete targeted impact goals
• Connecting clients throughout our network to service providers and marketing opportunities
• Training clients on LifeCity’s impact management system and software processes
In a growing company with many moving parts, the Impact Consultant will need to be a leader and excellent at time management, prioritization, relationship-building and communication. A background in sustainability is ideal for this position, but what is most important is your ability to communicate with and support LifeCity clients as well as the LifeCity team.
Including but not limited to the following:
- Support Client Operations
a. Attend client meetings, take notes, consult with the client, and email clients follow-up action items
b. Record client data into our client management software and impact management system // train clients on software once it is complete
c. Schedule client follow up meetings, including meeting calendar invites and reminders for goal check-ins and renewals
d. Write impact reports as needed
e. Research solutions for client impact challenges as needed
f. Schedule workshops and organize events for clients as needed
g. Maintain / update client tools (recycling resources, green event guides, sustainability incentive programs, etc.)
h. Take pictures during client meetings for social media purposes
- Support Office Marketing & Communication
a. Manage LifeCity’s Administrative Interns to support client sales & marketing opportunities such as: i) Entering contacts into our database, ii) Updating LifeCity’s external calendar and website, iii) Growing social media reach (Facebook and Twitter) through regular posts and paid advertising (as finances are available), iv) Manage LifeCity’s Green Card member system
b. Other tasks as needed
- Strategic Development
a. Support LifeCity in developing and growing our software platform
b. Be a part of strategic long-term decisions for the company
c. Be a part of trouble-shooting and brainstorming solutions as a team as they arise
- Professional Development
a. Set internal professional goals such as growth in management and sustainability.
b. Obtain LEED Green Associate within 6 months (LifeCity will pay for training).
Position: Full-time (40h/week)
Location: The LifeCity office is located at 2725 South Broad Ave.
Direct benefits include:
• $150/month towards health care plan of your choice
• Membership to Lon Longue Vue House and Gardens
• Annual massage
• Bonus for biking to work
• Flexible work arrangements
• Dog-friendly workplace
• Monthly lunch with the team
• 8 Holidays + 3 week PTO policy for first year
Indirect benefits include:
• Team retreats and happy hours, networking with business members, greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and sustainable business development, greater understanding of the Impact Economy and new business models that couple mission and profit drivers, relationships built with local businesses and leaders in New Orleans, working for a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to give input on strategy and development.
• After working for the company for three years, staff are eligible for employee stock options / ownership of LifeCity, L3C
• Customer service or client / account management of some kind
• Research or training in sustainability
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic social media skills
• Friendly, team-oriented attitude
• Customer and service-oriented
• Organized and good at time management
• Strong integrity
• Excellent communication
• Excitement and passion for building a more sustainable economy
Additional Ideal Qualities of Applicant
Previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Account Management
• Membership growth and management
• Consulting with organizations or business development experience
• Using social media to market products, services and organizations
• Event coordination and marketing
Background, education, or certifications related to consulting in:
• Measuring social/environmental impact
• Social enterprise development
• Environmental management
• Business development
• Client Management software (ex., CRM like Salesforce)
• Google Drive
• Email campaign tools (MailChimp, Constant Contact)
• Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop (or equivalent programs)
• WordPress/website builder
• Strong existing business network in New Orleans
How to apply: We will fill this position as soon as we find the right candidate. Please email your resume to Liz@mylifecity.com and submit responses to this form.
Green Card Sales Rep
Interested in selling LifeCity’s Green Cards that get you discounts to local green businesses and earning commission? Contact Liz@mylifecity.om.
Join the Green Community!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your job opportunity posted here.