Join the LifeCity team!
Regional Sustainability Director
LifeCity, LLC, New Orleans, LA
About this position:
The Regional Sustainability Director will be responsible for leading LifeCity’s for-benefit development initiative, Value Louisiana. The goal of this Initiative is to grow and support for-benefit / sustainable business development that enhances economic, social and, environmental impact on Louisiana. The ideal candidate is an expert in measuring social and environmental impact and is highly-skilled in relationship building and communication. This role will fulfill LifeCity’s aim to facilitate a strong, collaborative, action-oriented sustainable business development initiative. Successful implementation of this initiative will enhance support for for-benefit organizations to grow and prosper, and it will accelerate social and environmental solutions for our community.
Purpose: The Regional Sustainability Director is responsible for developing LifeCity’s Impact Management System at the organizational and community levels through LifeCity’s assessment tool, software platform and the Regional Sustainability Committee.
- Gather input from the Louisiana community to guide LifeCity in validating and prioritizing the LifeCity network’s activities to address New Orleans’ and Louisiana’s most important community needs
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships and help ensure our ongoing community impact through contracts and partnerships with the City, local non-profits and economic development organizations
- Leverage the social tool of local competitions and an annual awards ceremony to help incentivize and accelerate the impact of our members through the Green Games
- Help ensure that LifeCity is keeping up-to-date with relevant methods and tools for impact measurement, community engagement and economic development
- Manage LifeCity’s data gathering and impact evaluation processes so that we continually improve our ability to measure the impact of our network
- Manage the Value Louisiana Regional Sustainability Committee:
- Facilitate quarterly meetings, annual strategic visioning (including Charter/member management, setting up meeting locations, running or delegating note-taking and agenda for meetings)
- Engage key partners individually, at Value Louisiana events, and by attending their regular backbone community meetings
- Onboard high-achieving backbone organizations in specific impact areas to the program as capacity allows
- Implement the Value Louisiana Initiative plan in collaboration with the CEO and other team members, as guided by the Steering Committee
- Coordinate community education and outreach:
- Plan trainings for 3 neighborhoods on sustainable development opportunities and assist in designing and writing neighborhood resource guides targeting local businesses and residents
- Develop concise communication pieces on Value Louisiana initiative projects
- Set up trainings for banks, lawyers, and economic development officials on the pros of for-benefit and sustainable business development
- Maintain website with information on initiative and relevant resources
- Manage LifeCity’s Impact Management System and Processes
- Research and stay up to date with national and international social and environmental impact standards
- Evaluate LifeCity’s assessment tool and online platform, ValueLouisiana.com, to align with these best practices
- Ensure that LifeCity’s account management process (including the Green Games Competition and software tools) collect impact of our members in the most accurate way possible
- Manage Contract Deliverables
- Track and report on progress on contract deliverables with community partners and provide reports as needed
- Coordinate the Green Games Awards
- Recruit financial support for the 2018 Green Games Sustainable Business Competition and Awards Gala from champion businesses and community leaders by selling sponsorships and partnerships
- Develop strategic partnerships to enhance relevance and recognition of competition
- Coordinate the event with community partners (designing participant / sponsor experience)
- Strategic Development
- Assist in strategic development of LifeCity’s software platform, ValueLouisiana.com
- Assist in general business development and leadership of the company
Required Skills & Experience
Work Experience & Education
- Experience and / or educational degrees related to measuring social and environmental impact at community and / or organizational levels
- Community engagement and strategic partnership building
- Research and implementation of methods for innovative community development such as design thinking, collective impact, shared value creation, backbone organizations, etc.
ADDITIONAL IDEAL QUALITIES:
- Assessing impact formally for organizations or communities
- User engagement and experience
- Event coordination and marketing
- Grant writing and reporting
- Business strategy on product development and scaling
- Marketing for initiatives, fundraisers, events and community campaigns
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills (needed to research / implement best practices for measuring impact)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and strong typing skills
- Adept at learning and adapting to new technology, software, systems
- Excitement and passion to help organizations grow and thrive in our community
- Organized and good at time management
- Respectful, excellent customer service attitude
- Strong commitment to integrity
- Friendly, team-oriented attitude; good sense of humor
ADDITIONAL IDEAL QUALITIES:
- Client management software tools such as salesforce, Zoho, or other CRM
- Marketing software tools such as (MailChimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, InDesign and photoshop)
- Basic social media skills
- LEED Green Associate or other environmental certification (permaculture, etc.)
- Strong existing business network in New Orleans
LifeCity values include collaboration, community-based, the Big Easy, and inclusivity. LifeCity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Position: Full-Time Employee (40 hours/week)
Location: The LifeCity office is located in Propeller’s Social Innovation Incubator, 4035 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70125.
Salary & Benefits: Desirable Salary commensurate with experience. Generous PTO policy, bonus for biking to work, team retreats and happy hours, networking with business members AND other social enterprises that work at Propeller, greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and sustainable business development, greater understanding of the Impact Economy and new business models that couple mission and profit drivers, relationships built with local businesses and leaders in New Orleans, working for a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to give input on strategy and development.
About LifeCity: LifeCity, LLC, is a sustainable development platform that makes social and environmental impact profitable for communities. Our services include: 1) a local green business certification program; 2) impact tracking tools for public and private organizations to continually improve, measure, and market impact over time, 3) reporting tools that demonstrate impact and assesses investor returns; 4) a discount incentive card to generate loyalty to certified green businesses for consumers; and 5) networking events that bring our clients together. Through our integrated approach, LifeCity accelerates business growth and development while also improving local social and environmental impact.
We have a growing membership base of 80+ companies across New Orleans in restaurants and hospitality, manufacturing, schools, retail, green service providers, and more including New Orleans City Park, The Audubon Aquarium and NOLA Brewing. The Value Louisiana initiative is an economic development initiative led by LifeCity to support for-benefit development with the support of partners such as the Greater New Orleans Foundation, New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, and New Orleans Water Collaborative.
How to apply: We will fill this position as soon as we find the right candidate. In order to be considered for the position, please email your resume to email@example.com AND submit responses to this form by March 15th. Thank you!
Join the Green Community!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your job opportunity posted here.