Join the LifeCity team!
Regional Sustainability Coordinator
Are you passionate about making the economy work for good? Want to work with a small growing team supporting sustainable business development in New Orleans? This might be the right place for you!
LifeCity values include collaboration, community-based, the Big Easy, and inclusivity. LifeCity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
About this position:
The Regional Sustainability Coordinator will be responsible for leading LifeCity’s for-benefit development initiative, Value Louisiana. The goal of this Initiative is to grow and support for-benefit, sustainable business development that enhance Louisiana’s economic, social and, environmental impact. The ideal candidate is an expert in measuring social and environmental impact, consolidating information, and highly-skilled in relationship building and communication. This position fulfills LifeCity’s aim to facilitate a strong, collaborative, action-oriented sustainable business development initiative. Successful implementation of this initiative will enhance support for for-benefit organizations to grow and prosper, and accelerate social and environmental solutions for our community.
Purpose: The Regional Sustainability Coordinator is responsible for developing LifeCity’s Impact Management System at the organizational and community levels through LifeCity’s assessment tool, software platform and the Regional Sustainability Committee.
- Gather input from the Regional Sustainability Committee to guide LifeCity in validating and prioritizing LifeCity’s activities to address New Orleans’ and Louisiana’s most important sustainability and resilience needs;
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships to ensure ongoing community impact through contracts and partnerships with the City, local non-profits and economic development organizations;
- Leverage the social tool of local competitions and an annual awards ceremony to help incentivize and accelerate the impact of our network through the Love Your City Awards Gala;
- Help ensure that LifeCity is keeping up-to-date with relevant methods and tools for impact measurement, community engagement and economic development;
- Manage LifeCity’s data gathering and impact evaluation processes so that we continually improve our ability to measure the impact of our network.
- Manage Value Louisiana’s Regional Sustainability Committee:
- Work with the CEO to develop a top-down and bottom-up approach to accelerating sustainable business development in our community through the Value Louisiana Initiative, supported by the Regional Sustainability Committee;
- Meet with and learn from the members of the Regional Sustainability Committee by also supporting their backbone committee meetings and events;
- Facilitate bi-monthly meetings, annual strategic visioning (including Charter/member management, setting up meeting locations, running or delegating note-taking and agenda for meetings);
- Onboard high-achieving backbone organizations in specific impact areas to the program, as capacity allows;
- Implement the Value Louisiana Initiative plan in collaboration with the CEO and other team members, as guided by the Steering Committee, including an expanded membership base, neighborhood workshops, and policy recommendations to the City Council’s Environmental Advisory Committee;
- Maintain internal and external communication across the committee and public (i.e. email, LifeCity’s website, newsletter, etc.).
- Support LifeCity’s Annual event, the Love Your City Awards by determining Award categories with the RSC, creating the survey for members, gathering results into profiles, forming a jury of judges, and selecting winners.
- Manage LifeCity’s Impact Management System and Processes
- Research and stay up-to-date with national and international social and environmental impact standards such as the Global Impact Investment Rating System, Sustainable Development Goals, LEED Standards, Wellness Standards, and more;
- Evaluate LifeCity’s business assessment tool and online platform (ValueLouisiana.com) to align with best practices and developing ways of measuring impact that matters most to our community
- Ensure that LifeCity’s account management process (including the Love Your City Awards and software tools) collect impact of our members in the most efficient and accurate way possible
- Coordinate Value Louisiana’s Technical Assistance Partners (the Urban League, the Louisiana Small Business Development Center, LSU, and others) in assessing impact and consolidating impact reports, as needed
- Manage contract deliverables for Premium and Non-profit contracts
- Track and report on progress on contract deliverables with community partners and provide reports as needed
- Strategic Development
- Assist in strategic development of LifeCity’s software platform, www.ValueLouisiana.com
- Assist in general business development and leadership of the companys
Required Skills & Experience
Work Experience & Education
- Experience and/or educational degrees/certifications related to measuring social and environmental impact at community and/or organizational levels
- Community engagement and strategic partnership building
- Research and implementation of methods for innovative community development such as design-thinking, collective impact, shared value creation, backbone organizations, etc.
ADDITIONAL IDEAL QUALITIES:
- Experience assessing impact formally for organizations or communities
- User engagement and experience
- Event coordination and marketing
- Grant writing and reporting
- Business strategy on product development and scaling
- Marketing experience for initiatives, fundraisers, events and community campaigns
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills (needed to research/implement best practices for measuring impact)
- Detail-oriented and strategic thinker
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and strong typing skills
- Adept at learning and adapting to new technology, software, systems
- Excitement and passion to help organizations grow and thrive in our community
- Organized and good at time management
- Respectful, excellent customer service attitude
- Strong commitment to integrity
- Friendly, team-oriented attitude; good sense of humor and willing to receive feedback and grow with the team
ADDITIONAL IDEAL QUALITIES:
- Client management software tools such as salesforce, Zoho, or other CRM
- Marketing software tools such as: MailChimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, InDesign and photoshop
- Basic social media skills
- LEED Green Associate or other environmental certification (permaculture, etc.)
- Strong existing business network in New Orleans
LifeCity values include collaboration, community-based, the Big Easy, and inclusivity. LifeCity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability or national origin.
Position: Full-Time Employee (40 hours/week)
Location: The LifeCity office is located in Propeller’s Social Innovation Incubator, 4035 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70125.
Salary & Benefits: Desirable Salary commensurate with experience. LifeCity offers a $150 stipend towards health insurance provided by the company. We also offer membership to Longue Vue House and Gardens for all team members. We provide a generous PTO policy, bonus for biking to work, team retreats and happy hours, networking with business members AND other social enterprises that work at Propeller. Outcomes for our team members include:
- a greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and sustainable business development
- greater understanding of the Impact Economy and new business models that couple mission and profit drivers
- relationships built with local businesses and leaders in New Orleans
- working for a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to give input on strategy and development.
About LifeCity: LifeCity, LLC, is a sustainable development platform that makes social and environmental impact profitable for communities. Our services include: 1) a local green business certification program; 2) impact tracking tools for public and private organizations to continually improve, measure, and market impact over time, 3) reporting tools that demonstrate impact and assesses investor returns; 4) a discount incentive card to generate loyalty to certified green businesses for consumers; and 5) networking events that bring our clients together. Through our integrated approach, LifeCity accelerates business growth and development while also improving local social and environmental impact.
We have a growing membership base of 80+ companies across New Orleans in restaurants and hospitality, manufacturing, schools, retail, green service providers, and more including New Orleans City Park, The Audubon Aquarium and NOLA Brewing. The Value Louisiana initiative is an economic development initiative led by LifeCity to support for-benefit development with the support of partners such as the Greater New Orleans Foundation, New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, and New Orleans Water Collaborative.
How to apply: We will fill this position as soon as we find the right candidate. In order to be considered for the position, please email your resume to Liz@mylifecity.com AND submit responses to this form at your earliest convenience. Thank you!
Green Card Sales Rep
Interested in selling LifeCity’s Green Cards that get you discounts to local green businesses and earning commission? Contact Liz@mylifecity.om.
Join the Green Community!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your job opportunity posted here.