Social Capital Markets Conference is held yearly in San Francisco to discuss the future economy, and how we as entrepreneurs, investors, governments, and ecosystem supporters can build a more sustainable and equitable future.
Read up on the Top 10 facts that left us stunned...
In the year 2020 most colleges and universities will no longer exist.
6. 27 Billion dollars is wasted by empty car seats in the transportation sector - we need better regulation that supports car sharing programs.
7. There are 120 million "waste pickers" around the world and they are starting companies.
8. New York was the first state in the country to issue a Social Impact Bond with the support of Goldman Sachs, bringing over $27 million to reduce recidivism.
9. Adam Smith's Invisible Hand as described in the early days of our modern economy, was used as a metaphor to demonstrate that markets would self-regulate for a more fair and just society, not a more unequal one as we see today.
10. India has approximately 440 million children. That is as many as all the children in the USA, UK, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, Russia and China combined.
Learn more about Social Capital Markets and SOCAP 2013 on their website.