Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love. This year, keep in mind it’s the environment that makes this love possible! Here are some great ideas to spice up your V-Day while keeping this holiday socially and environmental conscious.
1) Try some different wines at Pearl Wine Company in MidCity this Friday. Pearl also offers gift boxes with the option of including locally made ‘Bittersweet’ chocolate. Free delivery!
2) Looking for the right restaurant for dinner? Check out our list of Green Certified restaurants and find the one that fits your palette.
3) Everyone loves flowers, but wouldn’t it be nice if they lasted longer? New Orleans Green offers potted plants and each one comes in a decorative, reused container. You can also find them at Hollygrove market.
4) Looking for the perfect gift? Check out the selection of really cool cork accessories at Queork in the French Quarter. While you’re out, stop by Dirty Coast to see if you can find the right New Orleans’ themed t-shirt. Gift certificates to The Beauty Lab or Twisted Hair Salon could also be a great way to show your love and appreciation.
5) The New Orleans Food Coop has a wide selection of items to make it a special day. Here, you will find heart-shaped boxes filled with fair trade chocolate, which not only will have superior taste, but also promotes sustainability and better trade conditions in developing countries. While, you are there, pick up some fresh strawberries and browse their wide selection of body care items.
6) If chocolate doesn’t cover all your dessert needs, other options do exist. La Divina is the perfect place to get some ice cream and gelato. Too cold? Breads on Oak and Cake Café offer some of the town’s best king cake and other baked goods.
7) Get outside! Take a stroll though one of the city’s many beautiful attractions such as the Riverwalk, CityPark or Bayou St. John.