Looking to make a difference with your consumer choices while saving money at the same time? Now you can! Buy the Green Card and get great discounts at the latest LifeCity certified green businesses in New Orleans:
- Hey Cafe: 1$ off your purchase
- Feelgoodz: 20% off website purchases
- Bayou Kayaks: 20% off a kayaking trip
- Green Serene: 20% off all items
- Zuka Baby: 10% off all items
- The Arc of Greater New Orleans: 10% off Mardi Gras beads
- Liberty’s Kitchen: 10% off every meal
- Eco Cafe: 10% off every meal
- Hollgrove Market and Farm: 10% off
- Joule Energy: one FREE Solar Attic Fan ($1000 value) with the purchase of a Solar Panel System by Joule Energy
- The Green Project: FREE $25.00 membership (which includes 5% off at the store)
- La Divina Gelateria: 10% off (Magazine St. location)
- Nola Paint and Supplies: 25% off
- In Exchange: 10% off
- Dirty Coast: 10% off
- Big Apple to Big Easy Bartending: 10% off
So what makes each of these businesses green? Each business, while continually improving their sustainability score, has made their mark and at minimum are committed to LifeCity’s first level of assessment: recycling, utilizing recycled paper, no-smoking indoors,CFLreplacements, and an additional 20 points in any other category (energy, water, materials, commitment, and communication). Additionally, each company has uniquely developed the sustainable solutions for our community. See our new additions below:
Get all the paint and paint supplies you need at Nola Paint and Supplies, Farrell-Calhoun. They have a great new Green Leaf Initiative with high quality environmentally responsible paints!
In Exchange’s motto is “Fair Trade and New Orleans Made” a statement that demonstrates their commitment to sustainability. This non-profit store can be found on Tulane University campus. IN Exchange vends the artwork of artists living in New Orleans, as well as the crafts of artisans from economically developing countries. They partner with artists to develop fair economic opportunities and they educate students on fair trade and social responsibility.
If you love New Orleans you will love Dirty Coast. This locally based t-shirt company is run by locals with merchandise including t-shirts, posters, bags and other apparel with designs illustrated by local and national artists. Dirty Coast apparel is fashionable and funny, sometimes witty or sarcastic, but always pro-New Orleans.
Big Apple 2 Big Easy is New Orleans mobile bartending company. Their mission is to provide their customers with fun and unforgettable bartending services. A leader in private party bartending, they go all out with southern hospitality.
We look forward to watching these businesses increase their rating throughout the Gumbo Green Games business competition!