As LifeCity expands, we are looking for a highly motivated individual who has quantifiable experience in sales success to effectively grow our LifeCity Certified Green Business Membership Program. The Sales Director is primarily responsible for driving business membership and developing a long-term sales strategy for the company. Responsibilities also include building strong relationships with LifeCity clients and consulting them in becoming more sustainable businesses.
LifeCity is a growing small business with a start-up culture. Although the majority of the Sales Director’s time will be spent on sales, LifeCity relies on all team members to participate in strategic discussions and efforts to grow the company as a whole.
This is a full-time position, and compensation includes monthly salary plus 30% commission.
1. Generate leads by networking within defined LifeCity markets (Food, Water, Building sectors, etc.) and other markets. Attend events to generate leads.
2. Develop relationships with leads to support them in joining the Impact Economy / Green Movement as a LifeCity Business Member.
3. Create short-term and long-term sales strategies based on fiscal requirements and business model.
4. Meet monthly and quarterly targets as defined by strategy.
5. Provide sustainability solutions personalized to each individual company and support them in achieving sustainability goals through research, encouragement, and knowledge of our community.
6. Evaluate and refine sales process as needed.
- 2 years of sales experience required with a track record of success
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently
- Excellent communicator, oral and written
- Skilled in developing innovative and creative strategies for reaching sales targets
- Strong ability to build trust and positive relationships
- Disciplined and results oriented
- Background in sustainability not required, but a major plus
- Passion for promoting a sustainable community
Support Provided: Training and all-access support will be provided by the supervisor. Sustainability Assessment System, Ipad, and research database accessible. General support provided by LifeCity team as need arises.
Professional Development: Business and sales experience, greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and green business development, satisfaction of growing fun and innovative start-up, large network of local green companies and organizations, and the knowledge that you helped to support a more sustainable NOLA!
Applications: Please send a tailored cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Dec 1st. It is important for us to bring on-board individuals committed to LifeCity’s mission and goals. Applications that are not specific to this position or LifeCity will not be considered.
LifeCity is a membership-based organization that supports the development of green or “impact” businesses in New Orleans, while educating consumers about green products and services. It’s a win-win situation: consumers receive discounts to green products and services through our membership card, and certified LifeCity businesses receive greater visibility and support of LifeCity members. Together, we help keep Louisiana beautiful – now and later.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.