As LifeCity expands, we are looking for a highly motivated individual who can effectively grow our LifeCity Green Card Program!
We are looking for someone who is...
That's right - we want YOU - our Green Card Members -- to lead your own community of active individuals who support local sustainability efforts.
- Enthusiastic about living a sustainable life
- Has education / training in sustainability
- A community leader and able to motivate individuals to take action
- A self-starter and organized professional
- A Green Card Member!
That's why we are opening up this position to Green Card Members only for one month before opening it to our community. Want to improve the Green Card Experience? Meet new people? Make a difference? Now's your chance. Applications due May 31st for Green Card Members.
The Green Card Manager is primarily responsible for growing our Green Card Membership and developing an active Green Card community through events, workshops, and action alerts.
Responsibilities also include expanding our consumer and business education programs through research and maintenance of our resource database.
LifeCity is a growing small business with a start-up culture. Although the majority of the Green Card Manager's time will be spent on the Green Card, LifeCity relies on all team members to participate in strategic discussions and efforts to grow the company as a whole.
This is a full-time position. Salary is based on performance.
1. Use innovative strategies to increase Green Card membership
2. Organize Green Card sales and outreach programing
3. Manage weekly Green Card and Green Business communications
4. Mobilize Green Card and Business Members by organizing events and workshops
5. Expand consumer and business education programs
6. Maintain resource database
- Sustainability expertise (LEED Green Associate, LEED AP, or other sustainability training or education)
- Proven leadership and community organizing experience
- Skills and experience in developing innovative and creative strategies for reaching goals quickly and effectively
- Excellent communicator, oral and written
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently
- Disciplined and results oriented
- Graphic design a plus
- Passion for promoting a sustainable community
Please send a tailored cover letter and resume to Charlotte@mylifecity.com. It is important for us to bring on-board individuals committed to LifeCity’s mission and goals. Applications that are not specific to this position or LifeCity will not be considered.
Community outreach/building experience, greater understanding of social entrepreneurship and green business development, satisfaction of growing fun and innovative start-up, large network of local green companies and organizations, and the knowledge that you helped to support a more sustainable NOLA
LifeCity is a membership-based organization that supports the development of green or "impact" businesses in New Orleans, while educating consumers about green products and services. It's a win-win situation: consumers receive discounts to green products and services through our membership card, and certified LifeCity businesses receive greater visibility and support of LifeCity members. Together, we help keep Louisiana beautiful – now and later.
Please contact Charlotte@mylifecity.com
with any questions.