in partnership with the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, Yelp! New Orleans and Stay Local!
The annual Green Gifts and Holiday Market is back at the Healing Center! There will be lots of local vendors and happy hour drinks, so come and celebrate our vibrant business community during this holiday season. We’ve profiled our vendors below and will add to the list as more join. Mark your calendars for this family-friendly marketplace!
Thursday, December 18th
New Orleans Healing Center
Owner: Patti Dunn
Sells: Cut and sewn backpacks and other bags/accessories right here in NOLA! Local and recycled materials are used whenever possible.
Sells: Sustainable potted plants, vintage home wares, upcycled garden art!
Sells: Tees to support great local Causes with a portion of each sale. Shirts are created in pairs so friends can Show Some Love for their favorite Causes, together.
Owner: Dave Holt
Sells: Hand-made 100% cotton bow ties. Holiday and Mardi Gras themed designs as well as our regular New Orleans patterns and colors.
Owner: Jess Leigh
Sells: Repurposed Vintage Costume Jewelry
Owner: Leora Madden
Sells: Craft wine, liquor and beer, wine accessories, locally produced mixers and simple syrups, accessories, gift wrapping, holiday gift sets, and delicious punch!
7. Birthmark // Matter Inc.
Owner: Colette Delacroix
Sells: WHAT COLOR IS LOVE by Colette Delacroix: charming children’s book written and self published by New Orleans local, and SCRAPPY: hand-made infant cloth doll designed and made by New Orleans local.
Owner: Sarah Covert
- Environmentally smart pet care services: dog walking, cat sitting, pet sitting, dog training, dog socialization, overnight pet care in client’s home
- Biscuits in a bottle provided by 20 Dogs in a Bowl: All-natural, human grade, dog safe ingredients for dog treats in a reusable glass bottle with dog bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Cat and dog toys handmade from repurposed materials
- Family Fun Holiday Gift Baskets- fun for the whole family, including your pets! These will have homemade pet shampoo, homemade pet toys from repurposed materials, biscuits in a bottle, and pet related pre-owned children’s books.
10. Never Met Her Vintage
Owner: Carlotte Blancher
Sells: Repurposed and Vintage Clothing and Accessories (the shop inside the Healing Center!)
Sells: Gift certificates, gift memberships, t-shirts and other small gifts.
12. Commune Vintage
Sells: 100% green clothing line consisting of Upcycled vintage, vintage goods, and pieces made from vintage fabrics.
13. Bath Fitter
Sells: Bath Fitter makes every effort to make bathroom remodeling as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Installing a new bathtub liner or tub surround over the top of the old one eliminates the need to rip out old fixtures. This lightens the load for already overburdened landfills and reduces the amount of debris that needs disposal
- Acrylic bathtubs are good insulators, keeping water hotter longer and saving energy
- Acrylic bathtub and shower liner materials last a lifetime, which means no need to replace them and less waste in landfills
- We use the latest technology to minimize our electricity usage
- Over 75 percent of our shipping is free from the costly use of cardboard, pallets and shrink-wrap
- At our plants, we recycle all the water that we use during the manufacturing process
- BATH FITTER recycles all scrap plastic materials
- BATH FITTER uses non-toxic installation materials and methods
14. Bayou Kayaks
Sells: Kayak and Paddleboard rentals on Bayou St. John
Owner: Connie Uddo
Sells: Plaquemines Parish La. Citrus and Fruit trees : Satsuma, Meyer Lemon, Key Lime, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Celeste Fig, Sweet Kumquat, Blood Orange, Navel orange, Tangelo, Spanish Olive
Sells: No direct sales, just information booth from which we’ll be distributing marketing materials, speaking with folks about the benefits of our services, and collecting contact information from interested homeowners.
Sells: Concrete artwork including wall art, garden art, bowls and other assorted concrete items
19. Sally’s Country Gourmet Foods
Owner: Sally Cobb
Sells: Fresh apple cider, Hot Pepper Jelly, Banana nut raisin craisin bread, hummus, pimiento cheese, Organic Kosher Grape Juice, Mardi Gras Bean Soup Mix
20. Magnolia Physical Therapy
Sells: Free pain consultations with a licensed physical therapist and information on health and wellness
Sells: Solar Panels and Energy Efficiency
22. Marion Freistadt
Sells: repurposed plastic and metal bottles decorated with Mardi Gras beads
Sells: Wall sculptures made from all kinds of salvaged materials, everything from old nails, nuts, bolts, washers, screws, bottlecaps, buttons, junk jelwery, broken machine parts, even Mardi Gras throws!
Would you like to join us? Fill out the vendor application and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.