LifeCity makes social and environmental impact profitable for business.We do this through a 5-step process:
- Assess: We provide a free sector-specific assessment of your business as well as a Solutions Report to learn how we can help you grow and measure your social, environmental, and economic impact. Through our collective impact approach, our assessment may also include the technical expertise of one of our many local partners.
- Join: Based on our Solutions Report, you can decide to join the hundreds of other business leaders who are realizing the economic benefits of sustainability.
- Plan: Together, we set goals and a timeline to increase your revenue while improving your impact.
- Results: Over the next year, you'll enjoy cost-savings and revenue generation that can take your business and impact to the next level.
- Market: In addition to your own locally-based green business certification, you'll receive an Impact Report that you can use to demonstrate the results of the program. You'll also be recognized at the Green Natties Awards Ceremony - supporting sustainable business in the Greater New Orleans Region.
Ultimately, we seek to enable city governments and regional economic development organizations to spur economic growth through social and environmental impact. We do this by (1) helping governments create the right incentives for businesses to create social and environmental impact, (2) providing our services to businesses to make them more socially and environmentally impactful while earning more revenue, and (3) measuring their results and sharing that with the region.
CollaborativeSustainability cannot be successful in isolation. Some solutions require different models, but ultimately our best solutions are those that encourage collaborative production, collaborative consumption, and partnerships across sectors and organizational models that enhance our mutual success.
InclusiveOur world is interconnected and so we take an inclusive and holistic approach towards sustainability. We are willing to work with any organization that wants to take a step towards greater sustainability and increased revenues.
The Big EasyMaking sustainable choices does not need to be an overwhelming, depressing, and complicated process. On the contrary, we believe that when we are empowered with knowledge and opportunity to build a more sustainable City, one step at a time, we not only make decisions that better our lives, but we have a lot of fun doing it, too.
Community-basedOur work is for the community, by the community. A cookie-cutter, standardized approach will fail. For every business we understand and address their personal context in order to make the best sustainable decisions.
LifeCity hosts Quarterly Impact Economy Forums.
How we measure impact:
|Social Impact||Environmental Impact|
|Health: business practices that promote physical, spiritual, and psychological well-being||Non-toxic: business practices that do not engage in toxins that are known to cause illness or death in our ecological systems|
|Equity: activities that enhance equality / equal opportunity among all people, present and future.||Renewable: business practices that acknowledge that our resources are finite and should be re-used or recycled for generations to come|
|Design: business practices that examine the entire business cycle, from production to consumption, to maximize resources, profits, productivity, and aesthetic.||Efficiency: business practices that optimize the use of energy, water, and material resources|
|Education: business practices that further people’s knowledge and understanding||Investment in ecology: business practices that generate greater ecological health|